Sunday, 3 April 2011

Conclusion on the first month in Korea


Ok, it has been like a month since I posted anything so i think this is the perfect time for it. March has ended and gave way to April. The first thing after arrival was a thing called orientation. Well simply put, it was rough and I'm glad its over. Then we moved on to our rented houses. My house was near to Boramae Park, which is only a 30 minute bus ride to campus. The house was at first, like a house that is vacant for a year. practically the previous owner which is my senior of course, they didn't clean it much. This gives me the idea of how busy they are at the last few months at LEI, SNU. I wouldn't be spared, I will experience the same amount of school workload after this. My mother was worried of how my life would be here, seriously worried. But for me, I'm not so sure myself. In the flight to Korea I waved my parents, thinking I will meet them again, I was practically indifferent at that point. But after the orientation and seeing the house condition, I began to doubt my decision of coming here. But I fought the feeling, I cleaned up the house and stiffen up my upper lip. I went on lone endeavours exploring around my neighbourhood. I like my neighbourhood so much. There is a beautiful park, shopping malls scattered everywhere. Life began to feel good but still I'm not so comfy. There were social issues. I turned off my facebook wall for security reasons. Well, before that my account was hacked two times, posting nasty posts on my wall and also checking my notifications, for weeks I didnt receive any notification because someone checked it for me already. My Malaysian friends were ok with it, practically understanding it word by word. Sadly the some malaysian friends in korea are not so happy with the decision. They removed me from friends and so. Perhaps they thought I hate them or something. The student rep advised me to turn it on again and so I did. He also advised me to ignore anything people say to me and change to the better. Things got back to normal again. I am grateful for his help. So in the first few weeks of classes I felt stressful, I can't concentrate much on my studies. Now, I'm happily catching up again. A few weeks before, my parents came and visit me. they were on their way to Los Angeles and drop by at Seoul to visit me while refreshing my Malaysian food supply. I showed them around town. They also helped me a lot in cleaning the house. Now the house that I am living in has become a home. With a home in Korea, life becomes much better. I began to enjoy my life here. I also have no doubt that God has showed me the correct path. I pray it will be the road to success in this world and the hereafter...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...