Saturday, 16 April 2011

Ha? Korea?

Yesterday I went to a friend's house in Gocheok, about 30 minutes from Boramae Park, the place where I live. They just moved from Sindaebang to a better house there. Since there was many people visiting the new house and yesterday was a friend's birthday, I decided to buy some pizza for them. The pizza was the normal cheese pizza that I usually ate, but eating with a group of people makes it tastes even better. Well, talking about these places I think this is the best time to talk about my life in Korea. I am still new here in Korea, about one and a half months, so the city is not yet my territory yet. It is not surprising when my friends, mostly boys like to ask "Hows the girls there?" and the likes. Well television artistes are always beautiful, same with other countries but here the common people mostly look, common. They are normal people like Malaysians too. But, if you're lucky enough, you'll find a drama actress looking lady somewhere.


On the way home yesterday I stopped at a fast food restaurant called Lotteria for dinner. With my Korean artiste wannabe hair, complete with a radioactive yellow headphone hanging on my neck, I trodded my way towards the counter where a young lady, perhaps a year or two older than me stands. The cashier girl is somewhat pretty... She quickly initiates the conversation in a very feminine (korean kawaii kinda stuff) way, "안녕하세요... 뭐 드릴까요?" or something like "Hello, how can I help you?" Then I confidently saying "레드&화이트버거세트 하나 주세요... 포장 주세요..." or translated as "One Red and White Burger set please... Take out please..." It went well till she said something about "형금 카드" which are some cards that I am not sure about. I just can utter "괜찮아요..." or something like "yes it's ok" and she just smiled. Okay I will never have a Korean girlfriend if I can't speak Korean well. lol.
"SNU Gate in WInter" by Ashwini Ann
Above is a photo of me in front of the Seoul National University gate, the place where I continue my studies in Korean language. Actually I am not a university student yet, because only next year I can enter a Korean university, continuing my studies in engineering. Local students of my age now are hustling their way in university entry exams in their respective high schools, as they are at their final year there.


At the south end of the campus there is a mountain that me and my friends conquered a few weeks ago. It was not as high as Kinabalu Mountain but still it was challenging to me. Here's a picture.
"On The Top of The World" by Adriance Valantine
Of course some escapades in the city centre...
"Chunggaechun Stream Dongdaemun Nightscape" by Adzrin Mansor
"Chunggaechun Stream" by Izmir Khalish
There are so many challenges living and studying abroad as an international student but I think the challenges are something that not many people have the chance to experience. I have the chance. Guess what, I'm gonna stay...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...