Friday, 8 April 2011

Talking to the Moon

Owning a camera with telephoto zoom function, its a sad thing not to utilise it. So in a calm night on 27th March 2010, the moon was in full phase, reflecting full sunlight to the Earth.  The moon had quite a reputation in classic literature in poetic situations where the persona was admiring its beauty, missing someone and comparing the beloved's beauty to the beauty of the moon. Neat huh? It is still admired by billions of people worldwide where it faithfully orbits our home planet. It also can tell the air quality by judging at the moon's colour intensity.

At that night, I took out my camera stand and set it up at my house's parking lot, aiming my camera to the full moon. Now here's the technical part, I zoomed my lens to the maximum which is 92mm. At that length the lowest f-stop I could get is F4.5 and I used a shutter speed of 1/250 seconds. I also turned down the Exposure Compensation value to -2.0. With image stabilisation turned off and camera at a stable stand, I used a 2 second timer to avoid movement of the camera when pressing the shutter button. For those who may have no idea what these things are all about, don't worry, I will post what those things mean soon. Well, some said that photography is no child's play... 

"Ecliptic 1" by Adzrin Mansor
"Ecliptic 2" by Adzrin Mansor
"Ecliptic 3" by Adzrin Mansor
Well, notice there is some distortions on the edges of bright and dark colours? Well I used digital zoom to get closer to the moon. This is why it is recommended to get a lens with proper telephoto capabilities such as 200mm lens and its cousins. Look forward for more post soon...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...