Thursday, 16 June 2011

Travel~

A few days ago as I was doing the dishes and my housemate came to the kitchen, laughing and asked me if I have plans to go travel to somewhere around the globe in our long breaks when we are in the university. To this moment, I have visited 21 countries, such as United States and Switzerland, my top favourite destinations of all time. My history in globe trotting started at the exact time when I was born into this world, some would think that it is a silver spoon in my mouth but for me, it is a life, a passion to explore new sights, cultures, languages and of course, new photos. Here are some of my previous destinations I visited during my 19 years of lifetime. It is interesting to see how I have grown and changed while scrolling down the page of a blog. Haha.
"Hong Kong"
"Australia 1996"
"South Korea"
"South Korea"
"Paris"
"London"
And then comes the time where digital cameras replaces my mum's film SLR. These are the photos taken on the period of 6 years before 2011.
"Florida 2005"
"Switzerland 2006"
"Italy 2006"
"Hong Kong 2006"
"Las Vegas 2008"
"Los Angeles 2008"
"San Diego 2008"
"Saudi Arabia 2010"
"Singapore 2010"
Now here I am, living, not travelling, in Seoul, South Korea.
"South Korea 2011"
"South Korea 2011"
It's amazing to see how I have changed in 19 years by watching the photos of places I went during that period of time. Well about my housemate's question on the place I wanted to go, I wish to visit my last frontier, New York. The American west coast was wonderful so I will go to the east coast someday, but I also have a condition to met first before going to New York, which is, get a DSLR camera to use there. I am a user of a wonderful semi-pro with the specs of an entry-level DSLR but I would love to upgrade for better photos and HD videos. In my consideration is the revolutionary but yet expensive Sony Alpha A55-SLT, paired with a 18-55mm lens designed specially for the model, total cost, nearly RM3,000. 


It is a dream, and it is just something I want to achieve in the future, will I get it? No one knows for sure but frankly, those dreams are the propelling force for me to go forward. With the DSLR, perhaps I can make a travel photography book with my pictures? In the days of analog, my mum is the one who took pictures of me with a film SLR camera. Now it's going to be my turn with a D-SLR...


I inserted a map of the places I have been in my lifetime. Courtesy of TripAdvisor.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...