Thursday, 3 November 2011

Videography!

Yay! I just jumped into the world of videography! I am new in the DSLR videography field, yeah DSLRs with videos only appeared not till a few years back. I first experimented on Windows Movie Maker in 2006 when I arranged photos and some videos into a Raya video. Too bad the video is missing, I can't find it. People loved it though...

So I got involved in the DSLR videography field just a few months ago when a friend, a new DSLR owner asks me to join him to a trip somewhere around Incheon, but we came quite late to accomplish the mission of getting there. So we hang out at the airport. To make the trip mean something, I captured some videos of him using his new camera while hanging out in the airport. So that's how the first video came into the world. Watch in HD!


Camera/Editing: Adzrin Mansor
Subject:             Aiman Naim
Storyline/Title:   Izmir Khalish & Lukman Sakawi
Equipment:        Canon EOS 550D with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 and a tripod from Aiman Naim.
Location:           Incheon International Airport, Seoul, South Korea.
Credits:             Song is sung by Michael Buble, titled Home.
Special thanks:   Aiman Naim.
Video:               1920x1080 24p.






My views on videography? I think keeping the focus right is hard work, and it requires a lot quick thinking before a scene is shot. After a while I began to see the video as motion pictures, we still control the framing, exposure and focus for a shot, so it is not totally different from photography. I can live with that.

A few days ago a friend gave me his trust to use his camera for a school assignment. It is not ready yet although all of the shots are taken, just needing some post production editing and stuff. Before shooting the real deal, I took a lone trip to the location and take some test shots. I thought that it might make my video for d-day a bit better, but, ahah I don't know, limited time for planning each scene. This is probably my first attempt to actually make a video with a kinda 'professional' look in it. What the heck. Here it is. Full HD!

Camera/Editing: Adzrin Mansor
Subject:             Seoulites
Storyline/Title:   Adzrin Mansor
Equipment:        Canon EOS 550D with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 and a tripod from Dzulhelmy Ay.
Location:           Cheonggyechon Stream, Seoul, South Korea.
Credits:             Music is Postcards Form Far Away by Coldplay.
Special thanks:   Dzulhely Ay.
Video:               1920x1080 24p




Comments on the 'pro wannabe' video? A slider or a rig might help a lot for stabilizing the video and get some camera art in it. Some tint or colour correction might help. That will only be available after I mastered Adobe After Effects (which is going to be in the distant future). Just for info, I am currently using Windows Live Movie Maker for Windows 7 and it is tack easy. Now I'm learning a few other programs such as the Adobe series. It is going to be quite interesting as I have the know hows on how to use Photoshop and Lightroom, and soon, After Effects... Booyah!

Ya ya The Life and Hobbies of Adzrin Mansor blog readers deserve some input right? I will share what I learnt taking these videos. FIRST: GET GOOD EQUIPMENT. For DSLR filming, I used Canon EOS 550D with the kit lens and a Class 10 SDHC memory card. It is the simplest kit for DSLR filming for pro results (on pro hands, which is not my hands yet). SECOND: KEEP THE CAMERA STEADY. Mount it on a tripod or a rig for non shaky videos. I might broke this law a bit during shooting the school project. Argh! THIRD: IF POSSIBLE, USE A SMALL APERTURE. This is the dark arts of depth of field. In pictures, we love a blurred background and a sharp subject, but this is motion pictures man! The subject is always on the move so you would like a deep depth of field so that it is easier to keep the subject in focus during shooting.

What more should I say? I can't remember. Comment me if you can help me ring the bell.




So I leave you guys with a preview video with the most hideous music for the video! I actually intended to put 2NE1's hit song 'I am The Best' but it is blocked due to copyright claims by YG Entertainment yadada. So I have to make do of the music. Still looking forward of replacing the music soon.

Camera/Editing: Adzrin Mansor
Subject:             Seoulites, Me, Hatta, Khalish, Syieda, Ralph.
Storyline/Title:   Adzrin Mansor
Equipment:        Canon EOS 550D with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 and a tripod from Dzulhelmy Ay.
Location:           Cheonggyechon Stream, Seoul, South Korea.
Credits:             Music is 'I am The Best' by 2NE1.
Special thanks:   Dzulhely Ay.

Video:               1920x1080 24p.


The music is this song! I love it! These ladies are way better than Girls Generation!



Still learning in this field, expect improvements soon! Wait till I get my hands on a Sony Alpha SLT-A65! Daa~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...